couch

couch

Thursday 10 March 2016

Fallen by Lia Mills


I'm pretty sure this silver mirror belonged to my granny. Its in the photo above because she was the same age as Katie, in Fallen, in 1916, and also lived in the city centre.

Katie lives on Parnell Square and Granny lived down in Dublin 7 and her brother was shot there too, fighting for the Irish Volunteers. I never heard her speak about that Easter so have no idea what she thought of it all. All I know is that he was her favourite brother. I don't know if these are the reasons I am enjoying this book so much but I am. Fallen is a literary contribution to Dublin City Council's 1916 centenary programme. Which is a sentence which would not make me want to read it, that's for sure. Howandsoever, I'm really, really enjoying it. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment