couch

couch

Sunday 8 June 2014

a selection..

If you are looking for something to read on the beach or by the pool order The Liars Daughter now. Its just out in the cheaper type of paperback and, like all Laurie Grahams' books, its funny, interesting and completely brilliant. I can't photograph my copy because I lent it to my friend who liked it so much she passed it on to someone else.

In other news...this is what I've just finished.  Its huge, and a Booker winner, but don't let that put you off. After a little bit of effort initally, I couldn't put it down.

And Stretching is on my husbands side of the bed.This edition is the 30th Anniversary one (it now has "New Computer Stretches"!) and he swears by the exercises. I keep finding it all over the house, wherever he happens to land post run or cycle and can safely say it is read regularly. So, for all the Mamils out there (the means Middle Aged Men in Lycra) I think it would make a practical and welcome Fathers Day present.

And lastly, I just got this one
for my nephews 4th birthday. He has a dog and hens in the back garden, so it will be pretty familiar, but really its a book for all animal (particularly dog and cat)lovers.

My son was angling to keep it, but we have enough books for the moment. And I've a few hidden away for camping, which I'll post on soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment