couch

couch

Sunday 16 March 2014

Starter For Ten by David Nicholls

Every time I ask someone if they have read Starter For Ten they say "No, but I've seen the movie." Or "No, but I've read One Day."
The movie of this was fine, and One Day was okay, but this book is one of the funniest I have ever read. I got it out of the library for the second last week to  help me recover from a night of Wallander. It just seemed sensible to read something that would not leave me sitting on the edge of the bed despairing about the futility of life. God, Wallander is a bit much sometimes.
I'm on my second day into it and my husband and kids have become accustomed to hearing me constantly chuckling as I read. Actually, I think they're getting a bit sick of it. Excellent and wonderful and the perfect Bank Holiday read.

And...what to do when a grumpy Spiderman fan refuses to put on his boots,

or eat his banana.
It won't always work of course, but the first time it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment